Everyone seems to agree that health care needs to change.
90% of the national US $3.8 trillion in annual health care spending is for people with chronic and mental health conditions. 6 in 10 adults in the US have a chronic disease; 4 in 10 have two or more. Chronic diseases have significant health and economic costs. Preventing chronic diseases, or managing symptoms when prevention is not possible, can reduce these costs. ¹
71% of deaths worldwide are due to chronic, non-communicable diseases.
Lifestyle Medicine is emerging as a smart choice of care offering solutions for diabetes, obesity, heart disease, dementia, stroke, depression, anxiety, and many other chronic symptoms.
What is evidence-based Lifestyle Medicine?
Lifestyle Medicine is an evidence-based approach to preventing, treating, and reversing chronic symptoms by replacing unhealthy behaviors with positive habits – such as eating healthfully, being physically active, managing stress, avoiding risky substance abuse, adequate sleep, and having a strong support system.
- Dr. Dean Ornish, founder of the Preventive Medicine Research Institute and considered to be the ‘Father of Lifestyle Medicine’ with his ground-breaking research said: “If drug X would do what we’ve shown Lifestyle Medicine can do every doctor would prescribe it”.
- Dr. Mimi Guarneri, MD, FACC, ABOIM, Clinical Associate Professor at the University of California San Diego agrees: “Although Western medicine excels in the treatment of acute conditions such as heart attack and stroke, it does not empower people toward optimal health through prevention and the management or elimination of chronic diseases.”
The science is clear.
What is lacking are innovative solutions and strategies to implement and integrate Lifestyle Medicine and Health Coaching into individual practices, clinics, and hospitals.
The Lifestyle Medicine Summit Oct 20-29, 2023 – Online Global
The Lifestyle Medicine Online Summit Oct. 20-29, 2023 will be the largest global gathering of health professionals & health lovers passionate about Lifestyle Medicine and Health Coaching. This global online event and movement aims to make Lifestyle Medicine and Health Coaching a vital part of healthcare and accessible to everyone.
50,000+ health professionals & health lovers will attend from 50+ Countries and 7 Continents.
You will learn from 35+ world’s world-renowned Lifestyle Medicine and Health Coaching experts, researchers, and bestselling authors how to live healthier, happier, and longer and how to integrate evidence-based root-cause protocols into their practices to help reduce lifestyle-related chronic diseases.
- David Katz MD, Founding Director, Yale-Griffin Prevention Research Center sums up the potential of Lifestyle Medicine: “Lifestyle as medicine has the potential to prevent up to 80% of chronic disease; no other medicine can match that. In addition, it is potentially inexpensive and even cost-saving; free of all but good side effects; safe and appropriate for children and octogenarians alike. It is, quite simply, the best medicine we’ve got.“
- Johannes R. Fisslinger, Summit Host and Founder of Lifestyle Prescriptions® University firmly believes that “Health care is ready for disruption. We cannot afford the current health care model anymore and everyone seems to agree that something needs to change. The solution is not more technology, artificial intelligence, or better medication. The solution is implementing comprehensive lifestyle modifications with the help of health coaches guiding clients along the way.“
To join our global movement and attend the live-streaming summit for FREE register at https://prescribe.lifestylemedicine.io.
About Lifestyle Medicine University Foundation
The Lifestyle Medicine Summit is coordinated by the Lifestyle Medicine University Foundation – a 501c3 non-profit organization – together with organizations, NGOs, media, bloggers, event partners, and stakeholders with a mission to make Lifestyle Medicine and Health Coaching accessible for everyone.
Lifestyle Medicine University Foundation
Lifestyle Medicine Summit Oct. 20-29, 2023
1740 Dell Range Blvd., Suite 181
Cheyenne, WY 82009, USA
Phone: +1 (951) 638-3299
- Lifestyle Prescriptions® University | Research | Degree Programs in Lifestyle Medicine
- American College of Lifestyle Medicine
- Collection of Lifestyle Medicine, Health Coaching & Lifestyle Prescriptions® Research